Adult Schema Therapy Curriculums
UPCOMING IN 2021
Schema Therapy Training Course (6 days)
Program Curriculum Approved by ISST certification
14. – 15.1.2021 Thursday 8.30 - 16, Friday 8 - 15.30
11. – 12.02.2021 Thursday 8.30 - 16, Friday 8 - 15.30
25. – 26.3.2021 Thursday 8.30 - 16, Friday 8 - 15.30
PROGRAM DIRECTOR AND TRAINER Remco van der Wijngaart
ADVANCED LEVEL SCHEMA THERAPIST AND SUPERVISOR-TRAINER IN SCHEMA THERAPY (ISST E.V.).
Remco van der Wijngaart, psychotherapist in an outpatient clinic in Maastricht, the Netherlands. Initially trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, he was trained and supervised in Schema Therapy personally by Dr Jeffrey Young from 1996 till 2000 as part of a multi-centre Dutch study on the effectiveness of Schema therapy in treating Borderline Personality Disorder. In 2006 Jeffrey Young trained and supervised him in treating cluster C patients. Since 2000 he frequently has been giving workshops, training courses and supervision in Schema Therapy worldwide (e.g. UK, Poland, Ukrain, Australia).
Vironkatu 7 C 2, 00170 Helsinki (entrance from inner yard)
Psychotherapists (CT, CBT, Cognitive-integrative, Cognitive-Analytic)
Maximum number of participants 20 and minimum 15 for workshops.
The present course aims to familiarize participants with the core elements of schema therapy and the main methods and techniques in the treatment of personality disorders or chronic Axis 1 disorders. At the end of six days, the students will be able
• to detect schemas and schema modes
• to identify and make a case conceptualisation of the patient in terms of basic needs, schemas, coping styles and modes.
• to use the therapeutic relationship of Limited reparenting as the main tool in the reworking schemas and schema modes.
• to use the foremost methods and techniques, such as cognitive techniques and experiential techniques as guided imagery rescripting, chair work and historical role playing.
NOTE For ISST certification see the requirements here
Supervision needed for certification application can be arranged by Remco van der WIjngaart and other ISST certified supervisors.
Needed individual supervision hours are 20, group supervision is also possible then more hours are needed (converting table at the ISST certification requirements). How to organize the supervision is discussed at first training session.
Workshops (6 days) 1850€ + VAT 24%.
Members of FACBT (Finnish Association for Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies):
Workshops (6 days) 1450€ + VAT 24%
+ Supervision costs (to those who want to be able to apply the ISST certification)
The invoice can be paid in 1 or 3 parts.
Price includes teaching materials and graduation coffee on 26.3.
In case of cancellation after 14.9.2020, 50% of price will be charged.
Dowload programme brochure here
NOTE: Please see more info about past 2018 - 2019 courses and ISST certification from links below
+358 50 307 4858